How to discover new music every day.
Today we’ll talk about finding new genres, ensembles, and music bands through music streaming online platforms.
Ah… I don’t think I will ever get over the moment when I discover new music. I play them on a loop, over and over, again and again, feeling like I will never get tired of listening to it. Who doesn’t love that?
With recent increases in technology, this is easier than ever. There are lots of platforms that will help you discover new music every day. As well as other platforms that will help you identify that song you heard while watching the TV.
The three main ones are Spotify, Apple Music and Shazam.
- Spotify is for free while Apple Music is not. But, and there is always a but, the free services of Spotify are not that good and people tend to upgrade it in order to get a decent service without ads. On the other hand, with Apple Music you have to pay from the beginning but the service is very good and there aren’t any upgrading options.
- Spotify offers you more interaction between members while Apple Music doesn’t. With Spotify you can create joint playlists in which all members can add music.
- Apple Music has more contracts with artists than Spotify, which means that a user from Apple Music will have access to a new release sooner than a Spotify member.
- Apple Music is compatible in a lot more countries than Spotify. Good to keep it in mind if you are a traveler.
When it comes to similarities, they both offer…
- Playlists for everyone no matter what your taste in music is and no matter the mood you are: party playlists, reading playlists, Sunday afternoon themed playlists, work out playlists, etc.
- Playlists based on what you listen to most. In that way, you never stop listening to your favorites.
- Discover Weekly: an amazing option that introduces you to a new artist you might like every week. Yay!
- The prices of good service in both of them are similar: 9,99€
- Both of them give you the amazing opportunity to discover new music EVERY DAY!
On the other hand, Shazam works completely different. It is more focused on identifying a soon you hear randomly on a TV ad, on the street, in a club, etc. Shazam will find that song and give you its information so you won’t miss any song you like.
Conclusion? All of them great platforms to discover new music! Choose the one that fits your interests the best and enjoy limitless music to fit in all your moods and activities.